1. Where is the conference going to be held?
The KAUST Research Conference 2019 “Nano Enabled Water Technologies: Opportunities and Challenges” will take place at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). KAUST is in Thuwal, one hour north of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
2. How can I get a conference program?
Auditorium, level 0, between bldg. 4&5
Once registered, you will receive via email the access link to download the event app to your mobile device or iPad/tablet. The event app would allow you to check the latest updates and crucial information about the conference.
3. Is there a business center at the conference venue?
The KAUST Library is open 24 hours and offers workstations and quiet space for work and study.
4. What should I wear at KAUST?
Participants are expected to come in “smart casual” attire. For men, appropriate clothing would be a thobe or trousers and a collared shirt. Women are not required to wear an abaya but should be dressed conservatively (tops with sleeves and trousers or medium-long length skirts.)
5. I’m a water-researcher/professional working in Saudi Arabia, could I attend the conference?
Weather in January is likely to be pleasantly breezy which would agree with some light-weight garments.
In-Kingdom participants are welcome to register at the conference but KAUST could not provide any financial support for in-kingdom travel or accommodation at KAUST.
6. When is the poster session?
The poster session will be held on January 28, 2019, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. in Al-Jazri Building (4), level 2, lobby.
7. Who will join the poster session?
The posters presentation will be participated in by select Masters and Ph.D. students from KAUST and in-Kingdom universities.
8. I’m an international student, am I eligible to join the poster session?
The poster presentation is limited to applicants from universities within Saudi Arabia.
9. Is there a wi-fi access during the conference?
Wi-Fi will be accessible throughout the KAUST campus. It is recommended that participants bring a mobile device or iPad/tablet to access the event app.