- Membrane separation processes for water purification and organic synthesis
- Water desalination and re-use
- Catalytically active membranes
- Advanced oxidation processes (ozonation/.OH, Fenton reactions, H2O2-based oxidation, etc.)
- Occurrence, fate and control of emerging contaminants and disinfection by-products in drinking water supplies
- Chemical transformations and toxicity of engineered nanomaterials
Composite polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) membrane impregnated with Fe 2 O 3 nanoparticles and multiwalled carbon na...
A. Alpatova, M. Meshref, K.N. McPhedran, M.G. El-Din
Journal of Membrane Science 490, pp. 227-235, (2015)
Treatment of oil sands process-affected water with ceramic ultrafiltration membrane: Effects of operating condition...
A. Alpatova, E.S. Kim, S. Dong, N. Sun, P. Chelme-Ayala, M.G. El-Din
Separation and Purification Technology 122, pp. 170-182, (2014)
Fabrication of porous polymeric nanocomposite membranes with enhanced anti-fouling properties: effect of casting co...
A. Alpatova, E.S. Kim, X. Sun, G. Hwang, Y. Liu, M.G. El-Din
Journal of Membrane Science 444, pp. 449-460, (2013)
Evidence for covalently bonded chlorine–fullerene formed by ozonation and chlorination at room temperature
A. Alpatova, M.J. Baumann, S.H. Davies, S.J. Masten
Environmental Chemistry Letters 11 (3), pp. 309-313, (2013)
Hybrid ozonation-ceramic membrane filtration of surface waters: The effect of water characteristics on permeate flu...
A. Alpatova, S.H. Davies, S.J. Masten
Separation and Purification Technology 107, pp. 179-186, (2013)
Single-walled carbon nanotubes dispersed in aqueous media via non-covalent functionalization: effect of dispersant ...
A. Alpatova, W. Shan, P. Babica, B.L. Upham, A.R. Rogensues, S.J. Masten, E. Drown, A.K. M...
Water Research 44 (2), pp. 505-520, (2010)
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University, USA, 2010
- M.S., Environmental Diagnosis, Imperial College London, UK, 2004
- 2016-Present: Postdoctoral fellow, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2015-2016: Waste Reduction Specialist, City of Edmonton, Edmonton, Canada
- Water Desalination and Reuse Center (WDRC)
- Biological and Environmental Sciences & Engineering Division (BESE)