The potential of standard and modified feed spacers for biofouling control
P.A. Araujo, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht, J.C. Kruithof, J.S. Vrouwenvelder
Journal of Membrane Science, 403-404, 58-70, (2012)
Impact of feed spacer and membrane modification by hydrophilic, bactericidal and biocidal coating on biofouling con...
P.A. Araujo, D.J. Miller, P.B. Correia, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht, J.C. Kruithof, B.D. Freeman...
Desalination, 295, 1-10, (2012)
Short-term adhesion and long-term biofouling testing of polydopamine and poly(ethylene glycol) surface modification...
D.J. Miller, P.A. Araujo, P.B. Correia, M.M. Ramsey, J.C. Kruithof, M.C.M. van Loosdrecht,...
Water Research, 46, no. 12, 3737-3753, (2012)
The ability of an antimicrobial agent to penetrate a biofilm is not correlated with its killing or removal efficien...
P.A. Araújo, F. Mergulhão, L. Melo, and M. Simões
Biofouling 30 (6):675-683, (2014)
The influence of interfering substances on the antimicrobial activity of selected quaternary ammonium compounds
P. A. Araújo, M. Lemos, F. Mergulhão, L. Melo, and M. Simões
International Journal of Food Science, (2013)
Antimicrobial resistance in biofilms to disinfectants. In Science against microbial pathogens: communicating curren...
P. A. Araújo, M. Lemos, F. Mergulhão, L. Melo and M. Simões
Ed.: Mndez-Vilas A. Pg 826-834, Formatex, Badajoz, Spain, (2011)
- Ph.D., Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal, 2014
- M.S., Environmental Technologies, University of Minho, Portugal, 2008
- B.S., Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Portugal, 2006
- 2014-Present: Postdoctoral Fellow, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- 2010-2014: Research Assistant, University of Porto – Faculty of Engineering, Portugal
- 2010: Research Assistant, Wetsus, Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology, The Netherlands
- 2009: Consultant in quality and environmental management, Power Innovation Unipessoal Lda, Portugal
- 2009: Engineer, Environment Department, Municipality of Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
- 2008: Research Internship, Wetsus, Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology, The Netherlands
- Water Desalination and Reuse Center (WDRC)
- Division of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE)